2) True-ish story (because I wasn't there, so I am fuzzy on the details, but I think I have the gist of it-if you were there, chime in). A bunch of friends got in a wreck after a night out drinking and when the cop shows up, he lines everyone up and asks "Which of ya'all is the least drunk? You drive home."
3) Our sorority has a scavenger hunt and the prize is a bottle of King Cobra Malt Liquor.
4) The drinking age was 18, so it was perfectly normal to see a group of 13 year old girls huddled in the corner of a bar who had gotten in with fake id's. I was pretty much doing shots with middle-schoolers.
5) I was pretty pissed off when I broke up with my boyfriend that I had been with for a while. I loved him and all, so that was a bummer. But I was even more pissed that while we were broken up he went to the Endymion Ball with someone else. When we got back together, I think I just couldn't get past that horrible act of betrayal, so we broke up again. Mardi Gras trumps love, ya'all!
6) The 1991 election for Governor was between an ex-KKK Grand Wizard and a man suspected of (and likely guilty of) bribery, corruption, and mail fraud and who eventually served 8 years in federal prison for racketeering. One bumper sticker said "Vote for the crook. It's important." The crook won, but only by two percentage points.
7) Finally, three words: Drive-Thru Daiquiris.
Happy Mardi Gras Ya'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!